Includes a live, online group class with Padma
Session Starts JANUARY 10, 2018
Finding Freedom – an online meditation course with Padma from Padma Meditation 2-minute Introduction Video on Vimeo.
Take this unique and original, six-week online Padma Meditation course and find your freedom!
What Students are saying:
“Dear Padma, I am grateful for your wise and beautiful presence in my life. You have shared such joy and peace with so many fortunate souls.
“You are a gifted and powerful teacher. I could feel the vibration from your heart right into mine as you chanted all the way across the world from the Himalayas to my home. Another cool gift of technology. I could actually resonate with your chanting. Lovely!
“Your talks are like a mantra that I like to keep hearing so I stay grounded and connected to that very special space of being.
“Thank you always for helping me heal through your yoga and wisdom and inspiration.”
Register Now! Early bird price till December 31
In this course, you’ll learn to find your own pure freedom; free from your mind’s troubles. You’ll directly experience real freedom, and know how always to remember you’re free. Developed and taught by renowned, master meditation teacher and national television host Padma, this extraordinary course will guide you towards deep self-awareness and profound wisdom. Each week will focus on a unique meditation skill and purpose, taking you step-by-step towards freedom.
Awaken your intuitive awareness, become clear, more productive and compassionate, and feel more joyful, peaceful, and relaxed.
The contents comprise of weekly: video of a meditation class and of a philosophy talk; audio of a guided daily meditation; weekly manuals; an online group class with Padma; access to a private Facebook page; recommended readings; and more!
Follow specially designed meditation practices, learn powerful insightful philosophy, and be guided week by week towards living your own Freedom!
Every week for 6 weeks you’ll receive:
- VIDEO: a 40 minute Video (on Vimeo) including:
- an Introduction Talk (apx 5 minutes)
- a Philosophy Talk of the week (apx 15 minutes)
- a Sanskrit Word of the Week (apx 5 minutes)
- a Meditation Class (apx 15 minutes)
- AUDIO: a 20-minute Audio mp3 of a Guided Meditation for daily practice during the week. This is downloadable for you to listen to on your computer or phone or as you like.
- MANUAL: a 6-page Manual with the contents of the week’s topics, including:
- A List of Activities to do this week
- Additional Notes on the topics
- Media Resources to use
- Plus a live, online group meeting with Padma directly from the Himalayas!
- Plus you’ll get 2 chants sung by Padma in Sanskrit (mp3 downloads)
Total Video hours = 4 hours
Total Audio guided meditations= 2 hours
Total Manuals = 6 (37 pages total)
Padma Meditation brings you a clear, succinct and accessible meditation training course. Written and presented by Padma.
Filmed in beautiful BC, Canada, and in the Himalayas of India. Professionally filmed by Aakaashfilms.com
Tuition $280 CDN ($208 USD)
Email for information.
Testimonials from participants:
- I love the course!
- The course is very comprehensive and professional – great value for money!
- I have found a huge change in myself. I am happier, calmer, more content and jus go with the flow. My mind is quieter, it feels foreign but amazing because it’s free 🙂 Being able to allow thoughts come and go instead of analyzing and then creating worry is amazing.
- With the mediations and learning to let thoughts just be and not hold on to them has helped me a lot with my anxiety. This course has been life changing thank you.
- The course has really done so much, there is such great peace in stillness. This course has made me take time for just me and I am forever grateful.
- ON THE AUDIO CHANTS INCLUDED: In more than sixty years of studying and performing, I have encountered many fine musicians, but few whose music has touched my heart and my very being like Padma’s. Now the exquisite clarity of Padma’s voice and the hauntingly beautiful accompaniments, recorded while Padma was on a meditation retreat in the Himalayas, fill my days and nights with serene joy. Many thanks and blessings to you, dear Padma ~ Namasté!
AN INTRODUCTION and OVERVIEW from PADMA
Welcome to the new Padma Meditation Online Course!
I’ve designed this unique course for you, with my sincere wish that you‘ll find more freedom and happiness in your life!
Padma Meditation focuses attention on the innate space of freedom that you already are. You’ll learn about the “inner mind maps” you use in life – in relationships, at work and study, in play, in just about everything you do. Self-study along with meditation is used to unearth these unconscious maps so that you can substitute happier and healthier perspectives. Experiential exercises, guided meditation instructions and tools will help you to find your greatest potential: Freedom!
Throughout the coming six weeks, I’ll guide you step-by-step through the meditations and philosophy talks. I highly encourage you to listen to the videos several times, and to practise the audio guided meditations at least once a day.
Doing these practices, you’ll discover for yourself, day-by-day, how effective these skills are in bringing you towards real freedom. When you realize the wonderful results of daily practice, I know you’ll be inspired to continue on your own even after the course is finished.
My name, Padma, means the Lotus, which is a symbol throughout many meditation lineages for freedom, beauty, strength and pure awareness. I know this course will bring you towards more of your own strength, beauty and freedom.
This FINDING FREEDOM course guides you to a fresh way of being your true self. In this course you’ll come to know and have confidence in the freedom of your essential being. With this self-knowledge, you can live in health and happiness, active and free in whatever you choose to do. After finishing all six weeks, you’ll have a solid, foundational practice of meditation and the knowledge of how to stay free.
- The Main Goal of this six-week course is for you to discover real and lasting freedom and happiness
- The Main Message of this course is that you are already essentially free, and that you can rediscover this truth in yourself
- The Main Practice of this course is cultivating stillness with watchfulness, along with the study of, and freedom from, the mind’s functions that cover your joy and freedom.
Padma Meditation combines the oldest and most effective types of meditation ever developed with real-life experience of how this can effectively apply to your life. The result is a powerful approach to finding freedom, unlike any other program ever designed.
For six weeks, you’ll join me for simple and transformative studies and practices. In designing this course, I’ve specifically selected the most effective skills and the most exact philosophy points that work to unfold self-confidence, trust and freedom. All together they build a powerful and unique program.
Each week builds upon the talks and skills of the previous weeks, evolving your understanding and experience. The daily, guided meditations build together to create one extended, guided meditation practice.
In this program, you’ll explore six topics and and practise six kinds of meditation skills:
Week 1. Pausing for Freedom; A Mindful Senses Scan
Week 2. Finding Balance; Breath Meditations
Week 3. Discerning Thoughts; Focus on a Flame
Week 4. Recognizing Obstacles; Inner Inquiry
Week 5. Accessing Freedom; Compassion Mantra
Week 6. Always Free; Deep Relaxation
This course is a comprehensive program of time-tested meditation skills and philosophy. It covers the three steps of classical meditation practice:
- Energy Balance for Health (weeks 1 & 2)
- Self- Study of the Mind and Ego (weeks 3 & 4)
- Meditation of Direct Experience (weeks 5 & 6)
You’ll discover my original “Map of the Mind” to help you navigate life challenges and be happier!
MORE TESTIMONIALS FROM STUDENTS:
The philosophy I learned in this course best matched those of the truly sensitive and spiritual people.
I have been impacted as now my perspective has shifted and I am able to look at things in a more attuned way, connected to myself.
I feel free.
I did not believe I would enjoy the quiet time as much as I do – I really look forward to it everyday.
I would love to thank you Padma for this course it changed my life back to where I want it to be. I wish I had this knowledge before but I know everything comes when you need it and are ready for it.
I have a stronger, more sustained sense of being in the right place, in the right body, at the right time.
For anyone trying to establish a regular meditation practice, your course provides a clear, coherent foundation, philosophically and physically.
- Develop the skill of a meditation discipline
- Develop skills of intentional breathing and intentional speaking
- Know how to manage and balance emotional energy during transitional or stressful times and better avoid anxiety and depression
- Learn how to change mental thought patterns from negative (unhealthy) to positive (healthy)
- Develop skills of moment-to-moment watchfulness of the mind and emotions, and know how to pause instead of reacting to situations or thoughts in a habitual or unconscious way
- Develop a deep sense of confidence, peace and freedom
- Know to integrate all these skills into fully engaged daily living
What meditation skills will you develop?
- Set up your home practice
- Mindful awareness
- A senses scan
- Energy balancing
- Three breath meditations
- Candle gazing
- After meditation skill of palming
- Inner inquiry of ego and thoughts
- Letting go of ego obstacles
- Change negative thoughts to positive ones
- A healing meditation
- Chanting mantra
- Full body relaxation
- A deep relaxation meditation
- Trust in your self
What meditation philosophy will you explore?
- What is freedom?
- Three steps to freedom
- Three dynamic powers
- Five waves of mind
- Five faces of ego
- Past obstacles
- Six Sanskrit terms from original meditation texts
- Six categories of meditation
- VIDEO LECTURE: A review of the previous week and an Introduction to the current week (5 mins)
- VIDEO LECTURE: A Philosophy Talk of the week (15 mins)
- VIDEO LECTURE: A Meditation Class with a description of meditation practices and a guided meditation (your password is valid for up to three months so you can watch videos as often as you like) (20 mins)
- AUDIO: A Guided Daily Home Meditation practice to follow every day (offered in mp3 for you to download and listen to every day) (20 mins)
- A weekly MANUAL with writings by Padma made just for this course (6 pages a week)
- PLUS, you’re included in a live, online group class with Padma (40 minutes) directly from the Himalayas! She’ll answer your questions and join the discussion about the meditations. (Date to be scheduled within the six weeks.)
- Upon completing the course, you’ll receive your Certificate of Completion
When you register for the Online Course you’ll also be able to add on any of these extra features for a special, exclusive price:
3 WAYS TO PARTICIPATE
|1.||Join the FINDING FREEDOM online six-week course||Six weekly video classes
Six audio guided meditations for you to keep
Six manuals of weekly contents
A group Q&A sessions with Padma – direct from the Himalayas!
Videos available to you for three months
|2.||ADD a Private Class with Padma online||One-to-one private, 45-minute mentoring class online with Padma, when you can ask all your questions· Padma will guide you personally in your practice.The normal cost of this class is $125.00, but in this package you receive it for just $50 CDN||+$50
|3.||Own your own DVD set of Padma’s television yoga and meditation program.||The complete Modern Meditations DVD set of 26 television episodes
This is Padma’s complete healing yoga and meditation series.The normal cost of this set is $69.00, but in this package you receive it for just $50 CDN
|+ $50 CDN|
HOW TO PRACTISE:
- Each week you’ll watch the Video (apx. 40 minutes), listen to the Audio, read the Manual, and if you like, purchase and watch the Padma Yoga DVDs that are designed to accompany the course. These DVDs offer many extra practices that support and augment the course with yoga, breath exercises, chanting, philosophy and Padma’s stories of her life in the Himalayas.
- In the week’s guided daily meditation audio mp3 recording, a bell rings at the start, and again at the 20-minute mark, indicating the end of the meditation. You can choose to meditate longer if you like, and you can also repeat this meditation several times each day.
- There will also be suggestions of optional assignment such as journal writing, writing, and other activities that can help you integrate these teachings into your daily life.
AFTER THE COURSE
I am very interested to hear about your experiences during this course, and will send you an evaluation sheet at the end of the six weeks. Email the completed evaluation back to me and I will send you your Certificate of Completion for the course.
I sincerely hope you love this course, and find freedom and joy!
Thank you very much!
Founder, Padma Meditation
“Be joyful and free! Freedom is your true nature!” Padma
FURTHER INFORMATION, CURRICULUM AND FAQS
Padma is currently living most of the year in the Himalayas of India, continuing her own meditation practice. Her online meditation course is now available to everyone across Canada and around the world.
Meditation skills concentrate and purify the mind’s attention. Since the attention naturally tends to be scattered and unstable, mental focus, concentration and purification techniques help you to better manage and become the master of your own mind, rather than the victim of it.
WHAT ARE THE RESULTS OF MEDITATION?
- -You develop a sense of confidence, self-trust, contentment and joy, stability, peace, clarity and strength
- -You have a broadened awareness and clearer perspective, and this will overflow into all your personal and work relationships and to all the people connected to you
- -You meditate to spend time in awareness of the source of creativity and the nature of the body, energy, breath, senses, emotions, mind and spirit
- Meditation increases joy and unfolds a state of mental health that alleviates stress, self-doubt, worry, depression and anger. Meditation enhances inner strength and develops calm focus. It builds self-confidence, inspires creativity and strengthens leadership.
- Studies have shown that meditation helps to focus and lengthen the mind’s attention span
- Meditation also stimulates the youth-hormone in the pituitary gland, reducing the symptoms of aging and fatigue, and stimulates the immune system to fight against diseases. Meditation lowers blood pressure and has been shown to help prevent and reverse disease and chronic pain as well as stress, related to over 90% of ailments.
WHY STUDY MEDITATION PHILOSOPHY?
Unhappiness, suffering and the lack of freedom come from the mind, and so it is very powerful to understand how the mind functions to create and maintain this suffering. With this knowledge, you’re able to get free from suffering. With study and meditation, we can utilise the mind and intellect to alleviate the suffering created in the mind itself!
Padma Meditation is a unique school of meditation, an update of time-proven, classical eastern wisdom. The teachings are simple, lucid and secular. Padma has designed this course from her 30 years of direct tutelage with a master of meditation in the Himalayas of western India, and it is rich with deep philosophical studies. She has imbued the course with her years of personal application, research and practice. Padma has been teaching meditation courses, workshops and her Teacher Training programs since 1999.
Padma’s programs are designed for people who have become aware that they do not want their life to be filled with suffering. People who are intelligent, educated and have enough resources to have the time and interest to find out how to live in joy and freedom.
Padma has studied for three decades with a master teacher of “Royal Meditation” in the Himalayas of India. This lineage of meditation is based in the Advait Vedaant and Raj Yog, Royal Yoga schools of Indian philosophy, and comprises a broad range of complementing practices:
- Eastern philosophy
- Mind-management, eastern psychology
- Subtle life-force energy refinement, including sound vibrations
- Directing the attention towards freedom
- Meditation on pure freedom
In this Padma Meditation course FINDING FREEDOM Padma has also drawn from the text “Patanjali Yog Darshan”, a Sanskrit text of classical Raj Yoga Meditation that analyses the functioning of the mind. The book, rigorously tested by inquirers for over 3000 years!, describes how to practice meditation to become truly free.
WHAT IS THE COURSE CURRICULUM?
This course is a comprehensive program, a full spectrum of time-tested meditation skills and philosophy.
The curriculum includes all three steps of classical meditation practice:
1. Efforts to Balance Energy
2. Self- Study
3. Direct Experience
WEEKS 1 & 2
EFFORTS: for balancing your energy and establishing a meditation seat
1. Pausing for Freedom
What is Freedom?
Sanskrit Word: Yogash Chitt Vritti Nirodh- Freedom
Set Up Your Home Practice
Perceive Your Senses: A Mindful Awareness Meditation (A Senses Scan)
- Finding Balance
Three Dynamic Powers
Sanskrit Word: Santosh- Contentment
Cultivate Stability: Energy Balancing Meditations (Three Breath Skills)
WEEKS 3 & 4
SELF-STUDY: for understanding how the mind creates suffering
- Discerning Thoughts
Five Waves of Mind
Sanskrit word: Dhaarnaa- Concentration & focus
See Past the Waves
Still Your Mind: A Concentration Meditation (Candle Gazing)
- Recognizing Obstacles
A Map of Ego
Five Faces of Ego
Sanskrit word: Vairagya- Detachment from suffering
Let Go of Attachments: An Inner Inquiry Meditation (Thought Reversals)
WEEKS 5 & 6
DIRECT EXPERIENCE: for directly experiencing freedom
5. Accessing Freedom
Sanskrit word: Karuna- Compassion
Go Towards Happiness
Know You’re Free: A Healing Meditation (Mantra Chanting)
6. Always Free
Three Steps to Freedom
Sanskrit word: Samaadhi- Freedom awareness
Pure and Free: A Deep Relaxation Meditation (Trusting in Your Self)
There will also be quick pop quiz at the end of each manual! (just for fun!)
This course is designed for you if you’re interested in freedom and fulfillment. You might have taken classes in Hatha Yoga, possibly have followed the Padma Yoga television series, or have read some self-help books. Your previous experience might include some meditation retreats or classes in mindfulness.
Your motivation for participating is your own fulfillment, happiness and peace in life, as well as developing more inner strength and calm.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO TO BECOME PART OF THIS PROGRAM?
You want to become free and happy!
You’ll also need to register on the Padmameditation.com (same as Padma Yoga) website store. You’ll need to have an internet connection to watch the videos and download the audios, an email address to receive the weekly materials and internet for the group online connection.
WHY SHOULD I TAKE THIS PROGRAM?
You should take this program because at the end of the course, you’ll be happier, more content and emotionally stronger. This meditation training includes the skills and knowledge to become free, calm, de-stressed and clear-minded.
This unique course is a high-quality meditation training, developed and taught by a renowned and experienced meditation master.
WHAT IS THE FORMAT THIS PROGRAM WILL TAKE?
Each week you’ll receive an email with links to the recorded materials, plus a PDF manual with the written topics in it. You’ll watch videos and read essays on the topics. You’ll spend some time each day listening to mp3 audio guided meditation.
WHAT WILL THE LEVEL OF ENGAGEMENT BE?
Your availability should be two hours a week to participate. The course is flexible in so far as what times of the week you can follow the content and do the reading. The scheduled group online class with Padma will be scheduled during the course.
You will work independently on the course work, plus join a group online class. You’ll also have the possibility of registering for one-to-one, online sessions with Padma.
You’ll listen to audios and watch videos for about 60 minutes once a week, and also will be asked to meditate for at least 20 minutes every day for six weeks. There will also be optional activities and reading materials to enhance your studies, plus yoga classes on Padma’s 11 DVDs and songs on her 2 CDs.
Participants can connect with other students on Facebook to share ideas, ask questions and create meditation study and practice teams. These connections can continue after the course is completed.
Participants can connect with Padma via email, online or by phone at scheduled times.
The entire program consists of six, weekly emails containing links to:
- 40 minutes of Video Recordings per week
- 20 minute Audio Guided Meditations per week
- Six Manuals (apx. 6 pages per week)
- Weekly Activity Suggestions
- Extra Selected Resources
- Plus a live, online group meeting with Padma (apx 40 mins)
Weeks one and two set a solid foundation of healthy, strengthening practices to support meditation.
Weeks three and four describe the nature of the mind and how to meditate.
Weeks five and six deepen the exploration of what will be discovered in meditation and guide the participant through a direct experience of the knowledge of freedom, or self-liberation.
This program aims to introduce you to a solid foundation of time-tested practices of meditation that you can use for the rest of your life:
- You’ll know that you can be free from the troubles of the mind and emotions and live in peace and happiness
- You’ll learn from informational, interactive and experiential sessions the importance of a holistic mind-body approach to personal wellness
- You’ll develop an awareness and the necessary practices to sustain long-term health and wellness
- You’ll learn that to pause and watch your mind’s activities can help you to become more of a master of your own mind, emotions and general health
- You’ll acquire knowledge and a practical map of the mind and ego and be able to understand how these function in everyday life
- You’ll understand how to create a positive and effective personal space and free up your mind in order to expand creativity and enhance problem-solving ability
- You’ll nurture and lead from a centered, balanced, alert and strong place within yourself, thereby bringing calmness, creativity and innovation to your life
WHAT ATTITUDES WILL YOU FORM OR CHANGE?
- You’ll learn that you are not ever the victim of your mind’s thoughts or emotions, and that you can become free from negative or unhealthy personal patterns
- You’ll feel empowered with the possibility that you can establish real, lasting happiness and enjoy healthy emotions
- You’ll change any concept that meditation is for only for those who are out of society, and understand that it is a useful, powerful practice and study for any high-functioning and fully-engaged member of society
HOW WILL YOU PUT YOUR KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ATTITUDE INTO PRACTICE?
- You’ll learn to maintain an easy daily practice that will naturally continue to deliver great benefits
- You’ll have better health practices
- You’ll know when it is time throughout the day to stop and meditate
- You’ll address every daily event and situation as an opportunity for becoming freer
- You’ll feel confident and empowered by pausing, and by knowing how to change bad habits
- You’ll re-address the reasons why you make everyday decisions and choices, re-framing these from a place of personal freedom and power instead of from fear and need
ARE THERE CREDENTIALS, CERTIFICATION INVOLVED? IN WHAT WAY ARE THESE VALUABLE?
If you continue and take more Padma Meditation online courses when they are made available, plus attend her workshops, you can accumulate credits. Once you’ve completed all the requirements, you can become certified as a Level 1 Padma Meditation Facilitator. When certified, you can guide individuals or groups in the basics of Padma Meditation. Please email Padma for more details about this.
Credits from this course can accumulate towards your completing the Padma Meditation Facilitator certification program. Email for information.
Thank you very much from all of us at Padma Meditation!