Complete this entire 108-hour Padma Meditation Teacher Training Program and become a Certified Meditation Teacher.
Complete all Six Online Courses plus attend one live Workshop with Padma and you can qualify to be certified.
ONLINE COURSES in 2018:
- BEGIN MEDITATION
- FINDING FREEDOM Starts January 10
- BE FREE FROM STRUGGLES
- TEACH MEDITATION
+ plus one Live Workshop or Retreat
“Padma has a wealth of knowledge to share. She is a competent and engaging instructor. She is an amazing and inspirational teacher,” Karen, Graduated Student
“Thank you Padma I know I was brought to you for your true wisdom!” Jennifer
“Padma is “the real thing.” She has a lovely energy and way of being with the students. Padma offers great depth and richness AND is still very accessible,” Wendy, Graduated Student
Become a certified Padma Meditation Teacher.
Curious just to try out one course? Register for any one of the online courses and learn to meditate. Welcome!
This inspiring and unique program consists of six original meditation online training courses plus one live workshop. The courses are open to everyone!
Become one of Canada’s first certified Meditation Teachers. Enrol in the entire program, or just join us for one life- transforming course.
Please email us for any more information.
Everyone is welcome to take the online courses, regardless of completing the entire Teacher Training Program.
“This course with Padma was for me a pure delight of peace, friendship, meditation and yoga. I was inspired by the mediation, the capacity of going inside yourself and trying to go deeper.” Francoise, Quebec
“Padma changed my life. She taught spiritual life lessons. I look forward to being a part of her online course. Thank you Padma for enriching my life.
“I absolutely believe Padma yoga has brought a peace and serenity to my life that is one of the most important tools I have in my daily journey.
“Thank you so very much for sharing and teaching and I hope to practice with you for many years to come.
“It is always calming, reassuring and inspiring for me to listen to these talks.
“Your words and voice are an inspiration to me.”
REGISTER! Get started !
WHY A MEDITATION TEACHER TRAINING PROGRAM?
“Padma’s meditation teacher training is essential for anyone teaching or practicing yoga or meditation. Padma makes the yogic philosophy accessible and applicable to modern day yogis. This program and practice will transform your life.” Tracy, Owner of Unison Yoga, BC
The Padma Meditation Teacher Training Program was created for those who want to enhance their inner strength and calm, achieve a sense of freedom, have focus, enjoy self-confidence, inspire creativity and to become excellent leaders in any field.
Padma designed this unique and inspiring program for you to learn meditation, and then be able to share this valuable life skill with others. Padma offers an innovative and fresh approach to practicing and teaching meditation. Based in her education in an authentic yogic lineage, she created these workshops to be relevant for our modern world. Know the real benefits of meditation: deep, real joy and satisfaction.
This Level 1 program is Canada’s highest quality series of courses and workshops of its kind, especially valuable for Continuing Education for Yoga Teachers. These courses enhance the Meditation and Yoga Philosophy components that are required in Yoga Teacher Training Programs.
Email to inquire if you are offering a Yoga Teacher Training and would like Padma to expand your education program with expert meditation and yoga philosophy courses.
WHAT MAKES THIS PROGRAM SO UNIQUE?
The Padma Meditation Teacher Training is soundly based in a classical meditation wisdom tradition, and has been expertly designed to suit modern culture. Padma, Marla Stewart, B.Sc., developed this program after decades of teaching meditation to thousands of students, and from her own 30 years of advanced meditation study and practice, under the direct tutelage of a Himalayan meditation master.
After having taught the meditation and philosophy components in many yoga teacher training programs, as well as hosting meditation and philosophy workshops over the years, Padma thoughtfully designed this program of yogic wisdom to suit the needs of our current lifestyles. While not being a Hatha Yoga teacher training program, there are some hatha yoga exercises and purifying yogic techniques throughout the courses in the form of her Television series. These practices were originally designed to assist meditation and Padma has carefully selected the best practices that support meditation. The program includes a clear overview of Meditation Philosophy studies, based in Advait Vedaant, Tantric and Yogic thought, plus some Buddhist philosophy. Students learn to teach the art and science of meditation and to deepen and refine their own personal practice. The program lays the foundation for a deep personal practice and the ability to offer meditation to others.
This series of courses is also a unique and revolutionary fusion of western stress-management skills and scientific research data, combined with the time-proven techniques of eastern wisdom, awareness and wellness practices. Effective skills help individuals to recognize stress symptoms and to make educated choices in managing challenging situations, plus avoiding stress in the future. These time-tested practices unfold self-confidence, clear inner freedom, and eliminate doubt, worry and anxiety. Padma Meditation includes a select variety of meditation and yogic techniques, from simple to advanced. The teachings are enjoyable, simple and effective.
You are welcome to take any of the single online courses on their own without obligation to complete the teacher training, or take all six Online Courses plus a Live Workshop and complete the whole program.
Students will receive these bonus items:
- 6 Manuals (1 for each of the online courses)
- Songs of Padma Chants (downloads)
- Certificate of “Padma Meditation Teacher” Level One
This program consists of six Online Courses plus one Live Workshop, plus extra meditation and study hours. The hours including listening to audios, watching videos, meditation, readings, writings and study times.
UPON COMPLETION YOU WILL:
- Receive a certificate of “Padma Meditation Facilitator, Level One”
- Know how to skillfully organize and market your classes
- Be a part of a community of meditators teachers
- Qualify to Participate in Meditation Teacher upgrade programs.
- Have an established personal meditation practice
- Understand yoga meditation philosophy
- Know what meditation is and what it is not
- Own DVDs and manuals for your study references (Optional)
- Have songs of Padma Chants (downloads)
- Identify sources and symptoms of stress and know stress-alleviation practices
- Be comfortable in long, silent, sitting meditation
- Be a truly dynamic teacher
- Know therapeutic yogic practices for the body and for the breath
- Conduct guided meditations and understand their purpose, benefits and applications
- Assess students in order to best select the exact meditation technique suited to them
- Demonstrate meditation and breath techniques
- Be aware of some teaching precautions
- Offer knowledge and skills through multiple teaching methodologies
- Use wisdom and experience to inform discussions and question and answer sessions
- Communicate clearly, confidently and professionally with students
- Be knowledgeable about the Patanjali Yoga Sutras
- Chant rom the Bhagavad Gita in Sanskrit
- WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- If you desire Happiness, Health and Clarity in Life
- If you are interested in learning or advancing your meditation, and deepening your self-awareness
- Managers of Business
- Mental Health Care Workers
- Health Care Practitioners
- Massage therapists
- If you’d like teach or share meditation with others
- Yoga Teachers
- School Teachers
- Social Workers
- Fitness Instructors
- Spiritual Seekers
TECHNIQUES & TRAINING:
- Meditation skills, applications, variations, benefits and precautions.
- Meditation practices including inner awareness, breath-work, mantra, chanting, concentration, mindfulness, awareness-enhancing techniques, Kriya Yoga, and Raaj Yoga.
- Mantra Yoga, including Sanskrit chanting.
- Classical Hatha Yoga postures that enhance meditation, health and wellness.
- Meditation breathing techniques: Pranayam.
- Philosophy of Patanjali Sutras, the Bhagavad Gita, aspects of Zen Buddhism, the Vedic Vision of Advait Oneness, Tantra Yoga, Ayurveda Health, Sanskrit.
- Modern Stress-Management, Mind-Management, Yoga Psychology.
- Home meditation practice to be completed, 30 minutes a day
- Demonstrate teaching as well as observing and assisting in classes taught by others.
COURSE ADVISOR and CONTINUING SUPPORT:
As you take the six workshops, and afterwards as well, you’ll be able to email to Padma for support, answers to questions that arise and information. In some cases, an apprentice teacher or assistant will answer your questions. Zoom classes will also be available for your continuing studies after graduation.
MEDITATION TEACHER TRAINING CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
100% COMPLETION ALL 6 WORKSHOPS PLUS ONE LIVE RETREAT
- All courses must be completed to become certified.
- Email to Padma to apply for any exceptions or substitutions.
READ at least 5 BOOKS ON THIS READING LIST
- SUZUKI SHUNRYO. Zen Mind, Beginner’s Mind. New York, NY: Weatherhill, 1970.
- PEMA CHODRON. Start Where You Are. Boston, MA: Shambala, 1994.
- HESSE, HERMAN. Siddhartha. Tandem, 1951.
- THICH NHAT HANH. The Art of Power. Harper One, 2007.
- TRUNGPA CHOGYAM. Cutting Through Spiritual Materialism, Boulder, CO: Shambala, 1973.
- JOHN O’DONOHUE. Beauty, New York, NY: HarperCollins, 2004.
- GOLEMAN, DANIEL. Emotional Intelligence. New York, NY: Bantam, 1995.
- SHAH, INDRES. The Way of the Sufi. Toronto, ON: Penguin, 1968.
- EPSTEIN, MARK. Going to Pieces Without Falling Apart. New York, NY: Broadway Books, 1998.
- FEURSTEIN, GEORG. The Deeper Dimensions of Yoga. Rochester, VT: Inner Traditions, 2003.
- BRYANT, EDWIN. The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali. North Point Press, 2009.
- DALAI LAMA. The Way to Freedom. New York, NY: Harper Collins, 1994.
- MUKUNDA STILES. Yoga Sutras of Patanjali. San Francisco, CA: ed Wheel/Weiser, 2002.
- IYENGAR, BKS. Light on the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali. San Francisco, CA: Aquarian/Thorson, 1993.
- SHARON SALZBURG. The Force of Kindness. Boulder, CO: True Sounds, 2005.
- NISARGADATTA, SRI. I Am That. Durham, NC: Acorn, 1973.
- STOLER-MILLER, BARBARA. Yoga: The Discipline of Freedom. New York, NY: Bantam, 1998.
- WILBER, KEN. A Brief History of Everything. Boston, MA: Shambala, 2000.
PASS A PRACTICUM TEACHING TEST
- Design and present a video of a 20 minute class on a topic assigned
COMPLETE A WRITTEN ESSAY
- Write 750 words on a topic assigned to you
MEDITATION AT HOME
- Complete home meditation practice.
PASS A WRITTEN EXAM
- Attain at least an 85% grade on a written test.
PASS AN ONLINE AURAL EXAM
- BEGINNING $50
- FINDING FREEDOM $280 (Early Bird Registration = $250)
- RELAX $145 (EB= $130)
- FREE FROM STRUGGLES $145 (EB= $130)
- FOCUS $145 (EB= $130)
- TEACH MEDITATION $250
- LIVE WORKSHOP $450
PRE-REGISTER for the six online Courses and get 20% off this Tuition !
TOTAL PRE-PAID Courses = $812 CAD (a $203 savings!)
- ADDITIONAL Tuition for the Retreat $450, so the total Pre-Paid Tuition for the complete Teacher Training program comes to $812 courses + $450 for retreat= $1262 CAD
- Courses Tuitions paid individually with all Early Bird Options = $940 courses + $450 for retreat = $1390 CAD
- Not prepaid, not Early Bird = $1015 courses + $450 retreat= $1465. CAD
(*Note if applicable, costs of retreat accommodations & food approximately add another $450 CAD)
Save your place in this unique program. Make the commitment and in one year you will be a qualified and certified Meditation Teacher, Level 1
You’ll be expertly guided by Padma throughout this high quality training program.