Read an Article about Padma in the Spring Edition of
BC Yoga Magazine:
MODERN MEDITATION. BLISSFUL LIVING.
Health. Truth. Love. Happiness.
- ONE: Body, Mind, Spirit, Love Channel. (Host of national television series PADMA YOGA )
- NTV.ca Canada’s Superstation TV Broadcaster
- A-List Hollywood celebrities: Sarah McLachlan, Uma Thurman, Charlize Theron, Heather Graham, Naomi Watts, Freida Pinto, Colin Firth
- CBC Radio & Television (Radio Series and corporate classes)
- Public Health Canada (corporate classes)
- University of British Columbia (Grad students and Faculty classes)
- YYOGA (Program Director/ Continuing Education Director)
- Ballard Power (corporate classes)
- Simpson & Thomas Law Firm (corporate classes)
- Steve Nash Fitness (client classes)
- Intrawest (private classes)
- Conner, Clark & Lunn Investments (private classes)
- Porte Real Estate (private classes)
- Bolder Investments (private classes)
- ‘Steelers’ women’s AAA hockey (team classes)
- 26-episode nationally-aired TV series ‘Padma Yoga: Blissful Living’ 2010.
- 26-episode nationally-aired TV series ‘Padma Yoga: Modern Meditations’ 2010.
- 26-episode nationally-aired TV series ‘Padma Yoga: The Elemental Series’ 2009.
- 65-episode nationally-aired TV series ‘Living Yoga with Padma’ 2005.
- 12-part radio show on CBC radio, North By North-West, 2007.
- In-flight recording heard on Air Canada ‘Freedom from Flight Anxiety’ 2007.
- National TV series ‘Remedy Me’ 2008.
- Lululemon Ambassadorship at their main store on West 4th Ave, Vancouver, 2007.
- Toronto Yoga Show 2007; Vancouver Y0ga Show 2007/08.
- Yoga Therapy Conference, Montreal 2008
- Article in Reader’s Digest, 2008.
- Article in Chatelaine magazine, December, 2009.
- Featured in Yoga BC Magazine, 2015, 2018
WHAT IS PADMA MEDITATION?
Padma Meditation, established since 2000, is a renowned school of meditation, presenting timeless wisdom promoting health, strength and happiness. The trainings are designed to expand your awareness so you can be happier and more at ease when you’re dealing with daily situations.
Padma masterfully translates ancient wisdom into modern language and makes it clear, accessible and relevant to everyday life. The lessons expertly integrate eastern contemplative wisdom with western knowledge, and are directly applicable in whatever we do. These teachings are solidly based in time-tested traditions of meditation that are proven effective.
Padma Meditation now offers Online Meditation Courses and a complete Online Meditation Teacher Training Program.
Padma Meditation is free from religious practices, but rather focuses purely on those ideas and skills that most effectively expand happiness, health and a vision of oneness and love.
Padma Meditation awakens your awareness and knowledge of the true essence of our Being, and this is the center of the teachings.
Padma Meditation also has two supporting wings of practice: Study and Purification.
- The Self-Studies include eastern philosophy and psychology plus an exploration of our mind’s functions and habits.
- The Purification Practices include breath-work, mantra and other yogic techniques.
Padma featured these philosophies and techniques in the 143 episodes of her nationally-aired television series, Padma Yoga.
WHAT ARE THE PRACTICES?
- Padma Meditation is a meditation school deriving from classical methods known as Raja, ‘royal,’ yoga. There are three core aspects of Padma Meditation:
- Self Study
- Purification Practices
- Self Study includes philosophy and exploring the nature of the mind, ego and the mis-identification that causes suffering. This studying unfolds clarity of mind.
- Purification Practices include gentle yogic techniques, mantra chanting and breath exercises. This develops physical health and balanced energy.
- Meditation is the core of the teachings, and includes sitting in stillness, watchfulness, contemplation, and direct awareness of one’s pure essence of truth, love and freedom. This results in knowledge and happiness.
WHAT IS THE PHILOSOPHY?
Meditate and look within yourself and find pure freedom; Then live in health, love and happiness.
Discover the peace and power that is the natural essence of yourself, then live with clarity, making decisions based in this awakened consciousness.
This lineage originates in the Vedaant meditation wisdom and for centuries has been passed on through direct transmission from teachers to students. These meditation techniques have been directly transmitted to Padma from her meditation teacher in the Himalayas of India for the last 30 years. Padma uniquely expresses this wisdom as it is applicable to daily living in the modern world.
The Vedaant wisdom in Padma Meditation is that you are essentially and really free and pure, and it is just the habits of the mind that create suffering in our lives. Once you come to understand this intellectually, and practice the purification skills, and then meditate on your true nature of freedom, then this direct awareness unfolds in you.
HOW IS PADMA MEDITATION OFFERED ?
On television, at workshops, in all the Online Meditation Courses, and in all 12 DVDs, Padma shares her decades of meditation and yoga wisdom and invites you to join her in a daily practice of health and bliss. Padma designs original workshops, online courses and DVDs of skills suitable for both beginner and advanced students.
Padma hosts four, nationally-aired television series on meditation and yoga aired daily since 2003 on the ONE: Body, Mind, Spirit, Love Channel. There are in total 143 episodes of the PADMA YOGA television series.
Padma Meditation offers personalized and group guidance that are designed to be directly applicable to your needs. We offer specialized programs to individuals as well as corporate executives and groups. We welcome work with athletes, executives and professional groups.
WHAT WILL YOU GAIN?
“ Your Freedom, Truth and Happiness.”
Through Padma Meditation you will find freedom, exceptional mental clarity, self-understanding, creative inspiration, intuitive wisdom and compassionate insight. You will increase your inner strength and joy and de-stress your life. You will re-access your innate clarity and inner space of awareness and tap into the joy and happiness in your heart. You will be more effective and efficient in your personal and business lives and not waste energy.
By practising simple, effective meditation , plus studying the psychology of the ego and practising simple skills, you naturally re-connect with your pure self. Padma Meditation is designed for deep inner personal exploration, plus also simply for coping with everyday stress!
You can attain high-level performance, sharper awareness, focus and efficiency, health and peace. Studies have shown that techniques such as those employed by Padma Meditation enhance high-level performance, sharpen awareness and develop inner power. Meditation stabilizes your nerves and clears your cluttered mind, to increase your ability to achieve your goals.
WHO RUNS PADMA MEDITATION?
Padma Meditation is owned and operated by its founder, Marla Stewart, B.Sc., also known as Padma. Padma Meditation offers high-quality, professional meditation and yogic teachings for all people, especially who are at key transitional times of life.
There are courses for complete beginners, ready to start on this exciting journey, as well as for experienced practitioners ready to learn how to share their love of yoga and meditation with others.
WHAT ARE OUR GOALS?
Padma Meditation is committed to being the premier school of meditation in Canada. We support health, peace and the quality of life for individuals and for our fine society. We are offering the first secular Padma Meditation Teacher Training Certification in Canada with the goal to increase the number of reliable and skilled meditation teachers available. This program is available online and in workshop settings to reach the widest possible client base.
We promote wellness, health and sustainability by educating individuals and groups to become more self and socially aware by being inwardly balanced. We believe that informed and balanced individuals make more ethical and enlightened choices that result in environmental and social sustainability. Padma Meditation programs are currently offered as online courses in order to best reach out to all citizens including disenfranchised individuals. All Padma Meditation programs are designed to encourage social and environmental responsibility.
Wherever you are in your meditation or yoga practice, we offer you something unique and effective, from introductory, secular, fun workshops to more in-depth study of Sanskrit scriptures.
- Meditation on Pure Space
- Direct Self-Awareness
- Insightful Discussions & Dialogue
- Conscious Awareness Practices
- Concentration Skills
- Breathing Practices/Subtle Energy Work
- Physical Yoga Postures and simple Exercises
- Study of Sanskrit philosophy texts
- Psychology of the mind and ego
- Philosophy of truth and metaphysics
- Healthy Lifestyle Habits
- Healthy Diet Suggestions
- Yogic Physiology
- Mantra Meditations
- Integration of some ancient arts and time-proven techniques of happiness into our modern life
Please email email@example.com for any other inquiries.