MODERN MEDITATION. BLISSFUL LIVING.
- ONE: Body, Mind, Spirit, Love Channel. (Host of national television series PADMA YOGA )
- NTV.ca Canada’s Superstation TV Broadcaster
- A-List Hollywood celebrities: Uma Thurman, Charlize Theron, Heather Graham, Naomi Watts, Freida Pinto, Colin Firth and singer Sarah McLachlan
- CBC Radio & Television (corporate classes)
- Public Health Canada (corporate classes)
- University of British Columbia (Grad students and Faculty classes)
- YYOGA (Program Director/ Continuing Education Director)
- Ballard Power (corporate classes)
- Simpson & Thomas Law Firm (corporate classes)
- Steve Nash Fitness Center (client classes)
- Intrawest (corporate classes)
- Conner, Clark & Lunn Investments (corporate classes)
- Porte Real Estate (corporate classes)
- Bolder Investments (corporate classes)
- ‘Steelers’ women’s AAA hockey (team classes)
- 26-episode nationally-aired TV series ‘Padma Yoga: Blissful Living’ 2010.
- 26-episode nationally-aired TV series ‘Padma Yoga: Modern Meditations’ 2010.
- 26-episode nationally-aired TV series ‘Padma Yoga: The Elemental Series’ 2009.
- 65-episode nationally-aired TV series ‘Living Yoga with Padma’ 2005.
- 12-part radio show on CBC radio, North By North-West, 2007.
- In-flight recording heard on Air Canada ‘Freedom from Flight Anxiety’ 2007.
- National TV series ‘Remedy Me’ 2008.
- Lululemon Ambassadorship at their main store on West 4th Ave, Vancouver, 2007.
- Toronto Yoga Show 2007; Sponsored by Channel ONE in Toronto.
- Article in Reader’s Digest, 2008.
- Article in Chatelaine magazine, December, 2009.
WHAT IS THE PHILOSOPHY?
Meditate and look within yourself to find pure freedom so that you can live with real happiness and strength.
Discover the peace and power that is the natural essence of yourself, then live with clarity and love, making decisions based in this awakened consciousness.
This lineage originates in the Vedaant meditation wisdom and for centuries has been communicated through direct transmission from teachers to students. The meditation techniques have been directly transmitted to Padma from her meditation teacher in the Himalayas of India, however, the programs presented are designed for daily living in modern, western culture.
WHAT ARE THE PRACTICES?
The practices of Padma Meditation are selected to support the philosophy, helping to build clarity, purify energetic troubles and alleviate mental confusion.
Padma Meditation teaches a full-spectrum of gentle and strengthening classical techniques known as Raaja, ‘royal,’ yoga. The practices include meditation, gentle yoga, praanayama breath work, Vedaant philosophy and mantra chanting. Padma Meditation includes Sanskrit studies, eastern psychology, enhanced insight and spiritual self-knowledge. The meditation techniques include sitting in stillness, watchful mindfulness, breath, concentration, contemplation and direct awareness of one’s own essence of silence, freedom and power.
Padma masterfully translates ancient wisdom into modern language and concepts. The methods expertly integrate eastern contemplative wisdom with western knowledge and are practical and applicable in our modern lifestyle. Padma Meditation is free from religion or ritualistic practices, but rather focuses on the ideas and skills which most effectively expand health and a universal vision of oneness, a key message of many wisdom traditions.
WHAT DOES PADMA YOGA & MEDITATION OFFER?
On television, at workshops, and in her DVDs, Padma shares her decades of meditation and yoga wisdom and invites you to join her in a daily practice of health and bliss. Padma provides original workshops and DVDs of skills suitable for both beginner and advanced students.
Padma hosts four national television series on meditation and yoga aired daily on the ONE: Body, Mind, Spirit, Love Channel.
Padma Meditation & Yoga produces high-quality, media materials, such as DVDs, CDs, manuals, books and e-books, available for purchase from our online store or at fine retailers. Padma Yoga and Meditation offers personalized and group guidance that are designed to be directly applicable to your needs. We offer specialized programs to individuals as well as corporate executives and groups. Various product packages are available, including educational DVD sets. We welcome appointments with athletes, executives and professional groups. This unique service is solidly based in time-tested traditions of meditation techniques that are proven to be effective for maximizing focus and efficiency.
The Padma Meditation Facilitator Training is soundly based in classical meditation wisdom that has been studied and tested for thousands of years. The quality of the meditation information is pure and powerful, being transmitted directly to Padma from a master tantric teacher in the Himalayas. At the same time the programs are unique and original, freshly designed to suit our western lifestyle and culture. The Meditation Teacher Training Program lays the foundation for a deep personal practice and the ability to offer meditation to others.
WHAT WILL YOU GAIN?
“Know Your Freedom.”
Through Padma Meditation you will find freedom, exceptional mental clarity, self-understanding, creative inspiration, intuitive wisdom and compassionate insight. You will increase your inner strength and joy and de-stress your life. You will re-access your innate clarity and inner space of awareness and tap into the joy and happiness in your heart. You will be more effective and efficient in your personal and business lives and not waste energy. By practising simple, effective meditation and with studying the psychology of the ego, you re-connect with your pure self, and understand the nature of the human ego. Padma Meditation is designed for deep inner personal exploration, and also simply for coping with everyday stress. You can attain high-level performance, sharper awareness, focus and efficiency, health, freedom and peace. Studies have shown that techniques such as those employed by Padma Yoga enhance high-level performance, sharpen awareness and develop inner power. Meditation stabilizes your nerves and clears your cluttered mind, to increase your ability to achieve your goals.
WHO RUNS PADMA YOGA & MEDITATION?
Padma Meditation & Yoga is owned and operated by its founder, Marla Stewart, B.Sc., also known as Padma. Established in 2000, Padma Meditation & Yoga offers high-quality, professional meditation and yoga teachings for men and women, especially at key transitional times of life. There are courses for complete beginners, ready to start on this exciting journey, as well as for experienced practitioners ready to learn how to share their love of yoga and meditation with others.
WHAT ARE OUR GOALS?
Padma Meditation & Yoga is committed to supporting health, peace and the quality of life for individuals and our society. Our long-term goals include creating meditation programs for universities, specifically in the faculties of Education, Medicine, Law, Athletics, and Family Sciences. We are offering the first secular Meditation Teacher Training Certification in Canada with the goal to increase the number of reliable and skilled meditation teachers available. This program will be online and in workshop settings to reach the widest possible client base.
We promote wellness, health and sustainability by educating individuals and groups to become more self and socially aware plus inwardly balanced. We believe that informed and balanced individuals make more ethical and enlightened choices that result in environmental and social sustainability. Padma Yoga programs are targeted at key educational and medical facilities in order to best reach out to all citizens including disenfranchised individuals. All Padma Yoga programs are designed to encourage social and environmental responsibility.
Wherever you are in your meditation or yoga practice, we offers you something unique and effective, from introductory, secular, fun workshops to more in-depth study of Sanskrit scriptures.
- Meditation Practices
- Conscious Awareness Practices
- Breathing Practices
- Physical Postures and Movement Exercises
- Subtle Energy Work/ Hand Mudra Postures
- Chanting and Mantra Meditations
- Study of Sanskrit philosophy texts
- Yogic Psychology of the mind and ego
- Yogic Philosophy of truth and metaphysics
- Healthy Lifestyle Habits
- Healthy Diet Suggestions
- Social Ethics Discussions
- Yogic Physiology
- Integration of ancient arts and time-proven techniques of happiness into our modern life
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for any other inquiries.